Where has the time gone? I’m officially back to blogging and just in time for a Sephora sale. Expect to see more from me as residency comes to a close and I have a little more time on my hands.
Sephora is currently having their Spring Bonus Insider Shopping Event. For VIB and Rouge members, this means 15% off your purchase. For Beauty Insiders, which you can sign up for now, its 10% off your purchase. I have a few essentials that are getting low that I’m restocking and a few things that I have wanted to try. My shipment comes soon, so I will keep you updated.
1. It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+: I previously used Revlon Colorstay Foundation (see here). However, when I got pregnant, my skin and therefore foundation had to change. I walked into Sephora and told them my concerns and this is what we decided upon. I’m almost out and couldn’t wait to repurchase. The formula is lightweight but with great coverage. Some days, I only wear this and some mascara. My husband also likes that it has SPF 50+! I use shade light.
2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I started using this as an intern and am still in love with it. This is the only blendable Concealer I’ve found that actually covers my dark circles and stays put. I use shade custard and blend it with my Beauty Blender then set it with Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder (full review here).
3. Beauty Blender: Speaking of essentials that I can’t live without, I took the sale as a great opportunity to buy a new Beauty Blender. I have tried several dupes but none compare to the real thing. I personally prefer the nude color but they’re all the same!
4. Sephora Favorites – Give Me Some Nudes: Unfortunately, I think this one is already sold out. I’ve had this in my bag for some time and this sale was the perfect change to buy it. It contains Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb, Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Creme in Slow Burn, Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian, Too Faced Melted Matte Liquidified Matte Long Wear Lipstick in Queen B, Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in 1993 Comfort Matte and Estee Edit The Barest Contour Lip Liner in In the Buff. Stay tuned for an update on how each of these work out for me.
5. Benefit Cosmetics – They’re Real! Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara: I tried another Sephora Favorite mascara box and received this as a sample along with the box – go figure. I ended up loving this mascara and hating the one the I originally selected out of the box. It separates lashes well and lengthens and volumizes as promised. The wand also has a domed tip that allows you to reach the smaller lashes in the corner of your eyes. It doesn’t flake and lasts all day – two must haves for me.
6. Josie Maran – Argan Sugar Bomb Body Scrub: Since getting pregnant, my skin has been so dry. I’m hoping this scrub will help exfoliate before layering on lotions. I’ll let you all know how it works out.
That’s it for now! What are you all buying during the sale? Have you tried any of the products above? The sale ends tomorrow so don’t wait too long to make you purchases!