Since I haven’t had a recap recently, I thought it was time for a bump-date. So many things have changed over the past few months…
This week included my last day of residency and my first day as Chief Resident! It’s crazy to think how quickly the past 3 years have gone by. I have learned so much from everyone that I have worked with over the past three years and made life-long friends. Now time to prove to the American Board of Pediatrics how much I know… boards are a short 5 months away!
I have also finished up my fellowship interviews! I will find out where I will be at the end of this month. Wish me luck!
I’m 25 weeks now and officially viable! This may be more nerve-wracking than before 24 weeks. The second trimester has been far easier than the first. We had our 20 week ultrasound where everything looked great and we found out the gender. Baby Hayes is a baby boy! We have decided to name him Theodore Allen and call him Teddy, at least while he is little. I’m slowly building a maternity wardrobe for work (including a Stitch Fix maternity shipment with a review coming soon) and am in full on nesting mode. Only 3 more months until Teddy makes his debut!
I’ve recently signed up for Sephora Play and received my first box. The Sephora Play box includes a sample of 5 products and 1 sample scent for $10 per month. The box has a new theme each month and this month’s theme was “Step It Up”. My box included a sample of Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream, Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil in Black, Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover, Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser, Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and the scent Miu Miu L’Eau Bleue.
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream: This cream is amazing! A small amount goes a long way. I use a pea sized amount and it covers my face a neck and lasts until I was my face the neck night. The price tag is quite hefty but for how well it works and how little it takes, I might consider buying the full size jar.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil in Black: This is actually the eyeliner that I use, when I wake up early enough to actually put it on. The formula glides on smoothly and is long-lasting without smudging. It comes in several shades but black is my go-to.
- Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover: This is another product that is already on my go-to list. It easily removes all of my eye make up and is a very reasonable price.
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser: I received this in my box based on my skin concerns. I have combination skin before pregnancy but am now on the dry side. This cleanser works well but its hard to tell if its hydrating as I always follow up with the cloud cream.
- Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer: This product seems to be a favorite in the beauty world and I can tell why. It feels like silk and easily blends into the skin. I wore it to an outdoor wedding earlier this month and felt that makeup lasted longer than usual.
I also received an Influenster VoxBox this month. Influenster is an online community that offers free products in exchange for reviews. You fill out a basic survey about yourself and they will send you “snaps” periodically when they have a VoxBox that is in line with your lifestyle.
This month, I received Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter in Dew You. I have experimented with powder highlighters in the past but wasn’t brave enough to try a gel/liquid one. Though this pushed me out of my comfort zone, I have been overall happy with the product. I initially tried to use it only on my cheekbones. However, it was difficult to blend as it lifted my foundation. I then blended it with my foundation and was very happy with the results. The gold undertone matches my skin color and the glow is subtle. The pump allows easy control for the amount of product desired.