- I have finally completed my third and final month of Neonatal ICU as well as my last night of 28 hour call in residency. I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
- The most common GI complication in infants of diabetic mothers (IDM) is a small left colon.
- The SRY gene is found on the Y chromosome and acts as a transcription factor to start the processes that cause a fetus to develop male gonads (testes) and prevent the development of female reproductive structures (uterus and fallopian tubes).
- I received my first Vox Box from Influenster. Influenster is an online community that allows people to review and ask/answer questions. My first Vox Box was the Hydra-Therapy Double Cleanse Travel Set (Hydrate and Nourish) from Erno Laszlo. I like it so far and once I have used it enough, I will fully review it on the blog!
- Sephora’s big holiday sale of 20% off is coming soon. I’ll be stocking up on this powder, beauty blenders, my favorite concealer to hide dark under eye circles and this blush.
- I live in my scrubs and a vest this month. If you are healthcare worker, a vest is a must. This is a good one to start with!
- I love the bell sleeve trend but felt that I would never be able to pull it off. That was until I saw this post from The College Prepster.
- Olivia talks about how to dress for fall football games here and makes me wish I was back in Kentucky for the fall.
- We have used Blue Apron for a while now but recently switched to Hello Fresh after one of my friends suggested it. Expect a post comparing the two soon!
- I finally tried Robata, a ramen bar, with one of my friends this past weekend and tried bourbon chocolate ice cream for dessert at Sweet Noshings.
- P and I spent one of my days this month off picking out pumpkins at a pumpkin patch and then carving them with his co-residents. See the post here.
- I will start applying to fellowship soon so keep an eye on my Instagram page to see how its going.
- As you can tell, life gets put on hold when you are in the ICU. I am now on board review and have so much to tell you all about!